Sunday 21 February 2010

Progress so far

So, how am I doing with the big challenge? Still trying to manage the first bit to be honest......getting back to the 5 miles in 50 minutes is going to be a lot more difficult than I first thought. I've been out a couple more times around my 2 miler and it has got easier, and I am using the wii fit to do half an hour of step on the days inbetween so my level of physical exertion is increasing, but along with it comes the realisation that what I have taken on is so much bigger and harder than where I've been before. I've failed to take into account that the last time I got up tp 5 in 50 reguarly it didn't just happen in the blink of an eye, there is a level of graft involved. And this time that is just the start.

This weather does not help either. I am not running outside in the snow, not with packed ice underneath, my grips are good but the risk is too great, one of the things that I can do without is any kind of injury. I'm not saying that I am immune but I can minimise the risk by not going out in snow! So this morning I ran around wii island twice, and did a fast 20 minute step whilst watching an episode of "Two and a half men". According to the wii fit this has burned off around 250 calories. Is that a lot?! This machine also tells me that I am 3 lbs lighter than this time last week, so that has to be a positive, although I don't put any trust in a machine that has previously informed my svelt like 7 year old that she was overweight.

Anyway, I'm setting myself the target of doing the 5 mile course at some point in the next 7 days, even if it takes me over an hour, just so I can say I have got the distance back in my legs....then we'll take it from there.

cheers
Andy

1 comment: